Friday, September 18, 2009

TIMBERRRrrrrrrrrrr. . .

I just got home from work.  There has been a huge flurry of activity in the last 2 days while I was at work, (Thanks goodness I had to "work").  The Silver Maple was felled by Bryan and his 12" electric chain saw.  He climbed up the tree and took it out from the top down.  Not the recommended method.  Jacob and lovely Lia have gone and gotten 2 large loads of Alpaca Poo;  natures miracle excrement and dogs favorite snack.  Contour lines have been marked to indicate the flow of rain water and the first swale has been dug.  Also Lia brought me worms!.  Not just any worms, these are amazing worms that produce casting that will enrich our soil.  It's all about the soil!  There are great UTube Videos that explain "Permaculture".   There are several segments and they are "The Global Garden" series by Bill Mollison, the father of the permaculture philosophy.  I will post photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment