Monday, September 21, 2009

Another Swale Day!!!


So much hard work and now I have ditches, holes and a mountain of poo.  I have several photos of Jacob and Bryan hard at work but I must mention Lia.  She is a machine.  Saturday she and Jacob were up early hand digging the original swale.  In the late afternoon they went for the third load of Alpaca poo.  It was almost dark when they arrived back home.  She was right in the bed of the pick-up unloading the poo with a shovel until after dark.  Sunday morning I opened my bedroom window to find her out in the swale with a huge pick, swinging it like crazy.  They did take the afternoon off and joined Joyce and I for a trip to Eugene.  We did visit a Permaculture Nursery outside of Cottage Grove.  The Fern Hill Nursery specializes in edible, medicinal and native plants for the Pacific Northwest. http://www.fernhillnursery.com/.  I got to visit with my Dead Dog Sistas and Jacob and Lia got some well deserved rest. 
Above photos:  1. No hand digging swales for Bryan; technology is a wonderful thing.  2. Ancient technology is great too.  Bryan showing Jacob how to use a water level.  3.  Lia and our disagreeable cat George. He loves her.  3.  Rudy loves our fish.  He does not understand that they live in different world than he does.  I just pray he doesn't decide to join them.

3 comments: